Miele CM6160 Countertop Coffee Machine - Obsidian Black
Miele CM6160 Milk Perfection Coffee/Espresso Machine
The Miele CM6160 is a bean-to-cup, super-automatic coffee & espresso machine. That means you get your favourite coffee drink with fresh ground beans and with a touch of a button. The Miele CM6160 is the brand new model representing the Mid-line model of the Miele Coffe/Espresso Machine lineup. It is essentially replacing the CM6150 and it brings so much added value to the table. Before we get to the nuances of the differences of the old versus new models let's cover some basic features of the CM6160 to see if this is the right model for you.
What drinks can you make with the CM6160?
- Espresso Based: Ristretto, Espresso, Coffee, Long Coffee, Americano
- Milk-Based Coffee: Cappuccino, Cafe Latte, Latter Macchiato, Espresso Macchiato, Cafe au Lait, Flat White
- Milk: Hot Milk, Milk Froth
- Tea: Japenese, Black, Herbal, Green tea and White tea.
Some of the standard features inherited from the last generation model:
- Made in Switzerland
- 300g Bean Container
- 1.8L water container.
- 10 capsule waste container
- Height adjustable central spout of 14cm
- Self rinsing system
- 5 Grinder Setting: The finer the grind, the stronger the drink. When the beans are ground correctly, the coffee or espresso will flow evenly into the cup with a good crema. The crema should have an even nutbrown colour. The grinder setting you select will be used for all coffee drinks.
Parameter Control: You can control:
- Amount of Coffee: The coffee machine can grind and brew 6–14 g of coffee beans per cup. The greater the quantity, the stronger the coffee.
- Pre-brewing ground coffee: When the pre-brewing function is turned on, the freshly ground coffee is first moistened with a little hot water. This helps release the flavour of the coffee. You can set pre-brewing for a normal length of time or an extra-long length of time. Alternatively, you can turn off the “Pre-brewing” function. The machine is supplied with the “Prebrewing” function turned off.
- Portion size: The coffee's flavour depends not only on the type of coffee but also on the amount of water used. You can program the amount of water for all coffee drinks and hot water to suit your cup's size and the type of coffee you are using. This does not alter the amount of coffee used.
- Brew Temperature: You can set your ideal brew temperature. Choose from Minimum, Low, Medium, Hot and Maxiumum Brew temperature settings.
So, Whats New? Old (CM6150) vs New (CM6160) comparison.
As stated, the CM6160 is replacing the CM6150. But, it has changed or should we say grown up a lot. Let's see what is new with the CM6160 that wasn't available with the previous model:
- Completely New Milk Froth System for improved milk froth. you get a much more fine, close textured, silky froth that is hotter than before. Also, the frothing system in the old generation produced better results with colder temperature milk, right out of the fridge, but the new system is completely capable of producing the same results with room-temperature milk.
- Hot Water spout. For making tea or true Americanos
4 Additional coffee drinks.
- Espresso Macchiato
- Cappuccino Italiano
- Cafe Au Lait
- Flat White
3 different temperatures for 6 different varieties of teas. The CM6160 gets a hot water spout. This model was reserved for the top-of-the-line model (CM6350) until now and this means, the CM6160 is now capable of supplying hot water for tea. You have 3 different temperatures for at least 6 different varieties of teas.
- Japanese tea 65 °C
- White tea 70 °C
- Green tea 78 °C
- Black tea 78 °C
- Fruit tea 78 °C
- Herbal tea 78 °C
- Expert mode: This allows you to change the parameter of the drink on the fly.
Performance mode: Performance mode consists of 4 options:
- Eco Mode: This is an energy-saving mode: The System only heats up when the user starts making a drink and Switches-off 20 minutes after the last beverage
- Barista Mode: This is basically your standard mode. Perfect for espresso and coffee Coffee machine stays heated up Extraction times are
optimized for the perfect crema
- Latte Mode: Perfect when you need to make lots of drinks with milk/froth, this mode offers quicker heating up Shorter waiting times
- Party Mode: Uninterrupted enjoyment with the Timer deactivated and Cup lighting set to maximum brightness
- Wifi Connect/Mobile Start
New Interface: The new CM6160 gets a new face control with some improvements to the old design. This allows you to control so much of the features of the machine without having to go into menus and sub-menus. For example:
- You now get 7 quick drink options displayed versus the 4 in the previous generation. On the left side, you get to choose from, Espresso, Coffee, Cappuccino and Macchiato and on the right side, you get to choose from Long Coffee, Espresso Macchiato or a selection of teas.
- You now get a Double Shot option right on the main interface. This is a brand new feature with the CM6160.
- Navigation buttons have moved to the bottom of the interface
- You now have a "mobile start" option that allows you to interact with the machine via the Miele app.
Should you buy the CM6160 or consider the next model up?
CM6160 (middle of the line) and CM6360 (top of the line) comparison:
As mentioned, the CM6160 is the middle of the line model in Miele's coffee machine lineup. However, its the same exact size and has the same exact capacities as the higher-end model (CM6360). That is a 1.8 Liter water tank, a 300-gram bean hopper and a drip tray that can hold up to 10 drinks worth of excess water and ground coffee pucks. You also get the same drink selection and most other features. So what is missing in the CM6160 compared to the top-of-the-line CM6360?
- Heated cup warmer
- Brilliant light
- Glass Milk Flask
- 4 user profiles versus 8 use profiles
- The CM6160 is only available in Obsidian Black whereas the CM6360 comes in Silver and Bronze.
***Note: For best results use 2% or 3% cow milk.
What's In The Box?
| Miele CM6160 (Obsidian Black) | 2X Descaling Tablets | 6X Cleaning Tablets | Milk Pipe Tube | Instruction Booklet
Save the parameters of your favourite drinks and enjoy your favourite specialty coffee over and over again. You can save up to 10 profiles. The user profile stores all parameters for your favourite drink: Amount of ground coffee, water temperature and amount, and preparation of milk, if applicable. For customized coffee enjoyment.
Switch-on and switch-off of the coffee machine can be programmed separately and according to your needs. The machine switches on automatically, which means that your coffee can be made as soon as you get up. It also switches off automatically in the evening. The coffee machine can be switched off automatically after it has not been used for some time to conserve energy.
Coffee Pot Function
You can make several cups of coffee one after the other automatically with the Coffee pot function (max. 0.75 liter) to fill a coffee pot, for example. You can make up to six cups in this way.
Make 2 Drinks at Once
The CM6150 is equipped with a OneTouch for Two function. This function allows you to prepare two delicious coffee specialties simultaneously with a simple push of a button. Simply place a cup under each coffee spout. Tap the 2 cup function and Select a drink.
Ground Coffee Drawer
In addition to the bean container, Miele coffee machines also have a container for ground coffee. You can use this to make a second type of coffee using ready ground coffee. To make drinks using ready-ground coffee, add a portion of ground coffee to the ground coffee chute. This allows you to make a decaffeinated coffee even if the bean container is already filled with regular coffee beans, for example. Only one portion of coffee or espresso can be prepared at a time when using ground coffee. Place a maximum of 0.4 oz (12 g) in the ground coffee chute.
Your Drink, Your Way The preparation parameters can be set individually, depending on the type of coffee and flavour intensity: Grinder setting, amount of coffee, brewing temperature, pre-brewing, and amount of water. That's how you ensure the perfect flavour for your coffee specialty from every type of coffee, every roast. That's how you always get the best flavour for every coffee beverage.
The system lock can be set at the touch of a button. The appliance is then protected from accidental operation
Easy to Clean
Daily cleaning is carried out by these intelligent appliances almost autonomously. The milk pipework is automatically cleaned after every drink made with milk. The exclusive descaling program, AutoDescale, automatically ensures durability on CM7 models. The drip tray, water container and waste container are easy to remove and dishwasher-safe thanks to ComfortClean. The efficient cleaning functions guarantee hygiene and excellent coffee flavour.
Easy cleaning in the dishwasher. The ComfortClean system makes hygiene very easy. Many of the coffee machine parts, such as For example, the water container and the waste container can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher. This contributes significantly to the proper maintenance of the appliance.
Double Shot Function
More aromatic, less bitter. For all who enjoy strong coffee flavour: the new Double shot. With this option, the beverage is prepared with double the amount* of coffee/espresso but with a shorter extraction time. The result is an especially full and soft coffee aroma without bitter after-taste. Ideal, for example, as espresso, in cappuccino or flat white.
Aromatic System Fresh
You will taste the difference: our innovative conical grinder grinds coffee beans in a unique, aroma-preserving way – fresh for every cup. This is possible thanks to the new grinder position directly above the brew unit which ensures that no remnants from a previous brewing process remain. Enjoy coffee made with freshly-ground beans, anytime and in peace and quiet: the new conical grinder is particularly quiet.
In Perfect Harmony With Perfect Coffee
Whether you decide to buy a built-in or a freestanding coffee machine from Miele, you are guaranteed to thoroughly enjoy your coffee. Our coffee machines are perfectly designed for making a wide variety of coffee specialities with expertise.
Ristretto: Single/Double. A concentrated, intense espresso. The same amount of ground coffee as espresso is prepared but with very half the water. That translates into a more robust taste, a little bit more sweet and syrup-like flavour. Ristretto is usually served with a glass of water. Ristretto is estimated to have less of a kick than espresso because less water would run through the beans.
Espresso: High-pressure and boiling water is forced through finely ground dry coffee for about 30 seconds to make espresso, creating a distinctive intense flavour and thick cream. Use espresso-roasted coffee beans for preparing espresso.
Coffee Simply made with water and freshly ground coffee
Long coffee Long is a coffee with significantly more water. Larger amount of coffee dispensing than a regular size, so even your favorite mug can be completely filled.
Cappuccino: usually served in a 6oz cup, the Cappuccino is made with three equal portions of espresso, steamed milk and foam. It is important to mention that Cappuccino contains equal amounts of milk and froth, contributing to a stronger coffee flavour.
Latte macchiato: Latte Macchiato is a milk-based espresso drink that emphasizes the milk than the espresso. Its served in a tall glass and has distinctive layers between the foam, espresso and milk with the foam on top, espresso below the foam and milk at the bottom. It is quite an appealing drink.
Caffe Latte: Caffe Latte is a coffee-based drink made primarily from espresso and steamed milk. It consists of one-third espresso, two-thirds heated milk and about 1cm of foam.
Hot milk and hot milk froth Hot milk and prepared milk froth can be enjoyed alone or added to hot chocolate for a delicious, indulgent treat.
Espresso macchiato: An espresso with a small topping of milk froth.
Cappuccino Italiano: A cappuccino, where espresso is poured first and then the milk froth is added to the cup.
Café au lait
Café au lait: Is normally served in a bowl and consists of coffee and hot milk froth..
Flat white: A special version of cappuccino where the milk froth has very small, fine bubbles.
Products you should consider adding
Miele Descaling tablets for Coffee and Steam Machines Whether you own a coffee system or a steam oven, your appliance will eventually build up cal...View full details
|Bean Container Capacity||300 g|
|Water Container Capacity||1.8 L|
|Waste Container Capacity||10 Pucks|
|Drip Container Capacity||0.8 L|
|Hot Water Spout||Yes|
|Heated Cup Rest||No|
|Dimensions||10" Width X 14" Height X 16.5" Deep|
|Height Adjustment of Spout||80mm-140mm|